Open Position at PetFriendly
VP of Engineering
THE CLIFFS NOTES:
As the VP of Engineering at PetFriendly, you will be responsible for leading and managing the engineering team to deliver high-quality software solutions that drive the company's business objectives. You will work closely with the leadership team to establish the engineering vision and strategy, and ensure that it aligns with the overall business goals.
We are looking for someone who is a strategic leader with a strong technical background. Engineering at PetFriendly oversees the technology infrastructure for the company, including customer-facing websites, back-end administrative tools, CRM database, warehouse / fulfillment technology.
YOU’RE A SOLID FIT FOR THIS POSITION IF YOU…
- Have experience leading and managing engineering teams
- Have strong technical skills and the ability to dive into technical conversations
- Have excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Have a track record of delivering successful software projects on time and on budget
- Are able to translate high-level company goals into actionable development projects.
- Have a passion for continuous learning and improvement
OUR IDEA OF A PERFECT CANDIDATE IS SOMEONE WHO...
- Has worked in the e-commerce space
- Can successfully navigate the tradeoffs between short term business needs and optimal long term solutions.
- Has led engineering teams through the startup phase through scaling phases
- A great track record of working alongside cross-functional peers in making thoughtful and balanced team decisions
- A roll-up-your-sleeves attitude, with a readiness to jump in and support the team hands-on
WHAT YOU’RE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Having a team that is confident, happy, having fun, and doing valuable work.
- Establishing the engineering vision and strategy, and ensuring that it aligns with the overall business goals
- Growing, supporting, and leading the development team in identifying, comparing, selecting, and implementing technology solutions and partnerships to meet current and future needs
- Hiring people at all levels from diverse backgrounds, and providing enough onboarding and ongoing support for them to be successful.
- Contributing to the overall direction and success of the company as a key member of the leadership team
We’re on a mission to build the best pet wellness company around, and we’re excited to hire another extraordinary leader to help us do it! Ready to join our passionate engineering team to solve strategic challenges and build something great? We’d love to hear from you!
We’re excited to meet you!